Machine Learning Engineer Job Openings in California
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR’s potential to change the world is immense—and we’re just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
You can apply the latest techniques in machine learning and computer vision to eye tracking for interactions with real and virtual objects in VR. You’re an exceptional C++ software engineer with a solid understanding of applied mathematics, probability theory and numerical optimization as used in machine learning and computer vision. You’re capable of driving cutting-edge and performance-sensitive systems that incorporate the latest innovations in deep learning and computer vision.
- Develop novel algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Apply software development skills to a wide range of machine learning and computer vision-related projects
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Analyze and improve various deployed systems
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping through production to advance the entire project
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook and Oculus product development
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- 3+ years’ experience applying machine learning techniques to computer vision
- 3+ years’ experience developing and debugging in C++
- Experience with Bayesian filtering, information theory and 3D geometry
- Knowledge of applied mathematics, probability theory and numerical optimization
- Prototyping experience
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
- Experience with real-time object tracking
- Experience training deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimization
- Proven publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.
Engineering Information Technology
Check for Recent Openings : https://www.oculus.com/careers/#open-positions