Data Science Job Openings in Pittsburgh
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
What You’ll Do
- You will be designing, building and launching deeply efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and process petabytes of data.
- You will leverage the Uber infrastructure to create an end-to-end data solution for the entire ATG organization, accelerating the path to level 5 autonomy.
- On top of making the data clean and available you will be collaborating closely with the Data Science organization on streamlining the process of running Machine Learning models on top of the available data.
What You’ll Need
- Proficiency with the common data stack. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL etc.
- Strong Python skills are encouraged, a big portion of our system is implemented in Python.
- Familiarity with other languages like C++, Go, Java, or Scala. Many of the systems we work with are developed in other languages and require code to be written or maintained in those languages. If you don’t know those languages already, you’ll have the space to learn them.
- You should be comfortable moving across multiple teams in high visibility roles.
About The Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
Computer Software Consumer Services Information Technology and Services
Engineering Information Technology