81) What is Work Queue – Internal in Blue Prism?
- A) The special “Work Queue – Internal” Business Object is used to interact with a work queue. When an item is being worked, it is “locked” so no-one else can work it.
When an item is marked as “complete” or “exception”, the lock is released. An item is referred to by its unique Blue Prism ID. Each item has its own Collection to hold data.
82) What is Got Item in Blue Prism?
- A) A Get Next Item Action should almost invariably be followed by some sort of “Got Item?” Decision. An expression checking if the ID is blank is the best way to test if you have got an item.
83) What is the use of the Encrypted option in Blue Prism?
- A) The Encrypted option is available to ensure any sensitive data held within the queue is encrypted in the Blue Prism database.
84) What is the use of deferred in Blue Prism?
- A) New items can be deferred to prevent them from being worked too soon. If a deferral date is specified when items are created, the queue will hold on to them until that date. Effectively the items are temporarily frozen.
85) What are unworked items in Blue Prism?
- A) If Get Next Item fails to get an item, it does not necessarily mean there are no unworked items in the queue; it could be that there are deferred items the queue is yet to release.
86) What is Max Attempts field on the Work Queue Configuration in Blue Prism?
- A) Items can be worked more than once if necessary. The Max Attempts field on the Work Queue Configuration section of System Manager is set to 1 by default but this can be set to a higher value if necessary. When Max Attempts is greater than 1 the work queue will revive any exception cases by cloning a new item and inserting it into the queue
87) What is Retry input parameter in Blue Prism?
- A) The Retry input parameter of the Mark Exception action in the Internal – Work Queues Business Object can then be used to override Max Attempts. When Retry is True, the queue will generate another attempt if the limit of Max Attempts has not been reached. But when Retry is False, it will override Max Attempts and prevent any further attempts regardless of the number of retries available.
88) What is Keep Locked input parameter in Blue Prism?
- A) The Keep Locked input parameter works in conjunction with the Retry input. When Keep Locked is True, the new cloned item will become instantly locked. This provides the opportunity to carry on working on the new item. When Keep Locked False, any new item created is freely available as the “next” item.
89) What is Attempts only apply to exceptions?
- A) Attempts only apply to exceptions – items marked as complete cannot be reworked.
90) What is the use of Resume function in Blue Prism?
- A) A work queue can be temporarily paused so that it will not release items at all. The Resume function reactivates a paused queue.
91) What is Queue Contents list in blue prism?
- A) The Queue Contents list can be exported as a basic report.
92) What is work queue in blue prism?
- A) A work queue is an internal configurable list that enables a Process to manage its workload. A Process can use different work queues and a work queue can be shared by multiple Processes if required.
93) What is Internal – Work Queues Business Object in Blue Prism?
- A) After each Calculation add an Action using the Set Data from the Internal – Work Queues Business Object to commit the change back to the queue
94) Why do you provide empty fields in Blue Prism?
- A) Providing empty fields (like Narrative) when the item is created could provide storage for data collected while the item is being worked.
95) What are Tag searches in blue prism?
- A) Tag searches support two wildcards. An asterisk character can be used to search for ‘any other characters’, and a question mark character can be used to search for ‘any single character’.
96) What is the importance of work items in Blue Prism?
- A) It is important to ensure work items given a lower priority are eventually worked. If your process is configured to prioritize work in an order other than the default first in first out, there is a risk that lower priority work might never be worked.
To circumvent that risk your options include: Ensure that there is always enough robots working the process to clear all work each day
Design a solution that uses more than one method of prioritizing, adding logic to your design that works lower priority items if they are over a configured age.
Include SLA monitoring and alerting to your solution, to ensure Blue Prism Controllers are informed if work items are at a risk of missing their SLAs. The Controller can then take the appropriate action if required.
97) What is the use of Process Templates in Blue Prism?
- A) By using Process Templates:
Where the Work Queue is loaded with new work and where they Get Next Item action is used is standardized across all processes
All complete cases are routed through a “Resolve Item” page and all exception items are routed through a “Resolve Exception” page.
This is easier to develop and support than having multiple Mark Exception and Mark Completed stages throughout your process
Process development is quicker because examples are provided of different Work Queue loading scenarios
It is easier to familiarize yourself with already created processes since they follow similar templates.
98) What is the use of deferring as a method for a multi-part process in blue prism?
- A) Using deferring as a method for a multi-part process is best suited to:
Processes where the separation period (minutes rather than days) and/or
Processes where not every item needs to be deferred
99) What is the use of multiple queues as a method for a multi-part process in blue prism?
Using multiple queues as a method for a multi-part process is best suited to:
Processes where the separation period in work is longer (days) and/or
Processes where every item needs to be processed in multiple parts
100) How can you maintain Parent/Child Relationships?
The recommended way to maintain Parent/Child Relationships is by:
Tagging related child items with a “Key” Item Tag that only they are tagged with The use of an additional Parent Work queue, providing a single view of the related work